GWO Manual Handling Training
Duration: Half Day
The GWO Manual Handling course aims to encourage positive manual handling behaviour and manual handling activities in a safe manner in the wind turbine industry/environment.
This course is designed to ensure that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the importance of carrying out work duties in a safe and sound manner in accordance with the legislative requirements of their geographic location.
- The identification of aspects of their job tasks that could increase a worker’s risk of developing muscular / skeletal injuries
- Understanding of safe practices for manual handling including the correct handling of equipment
- The identification of signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor manual handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods
- A problem solving approach to manual handling in a wind turbine environment
- Manual handling risk reduction techniques