GWO Mechanical Training
The GWO BTT Standard Mechanical Module is designed to achieve learning objectives so wind turbine technicians can:
- Explain the main components, mechanical systems and the basic operation of wind turbines.
- Explain risks and hazards associated with mechanics.
- Understand the principles of bolted and welded connections and their inspection.
- Demonstrate practical skills to use manual tightening and measuring tools.
- Demonstrate the correct use of hydraulic torque and tensioning tools.
- Explain the principles of a gearbox.
- Explain the function of the brake systems and demonstrate how to inspect them.
- Explain the function of the yaw system and explain how to inspect it.
- Explain the function of the cooling system and demonstrate how to inspect it.
- Explain the function of the lubrication system and demonstrate how to inspect it.