GWO Working at Heights Training
Duration: Two Days
The Working at Height course aims to give candidates the necessary basic knowledge and skills through theoretical and practical training to use basic PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and perform safe work at heights.
Additionally safe and comprehensive basic rescues from heights in a remote wind turbine environment are covered, in accordance with Basic Safety Training Module – Working at Heights.
This course is designed to ensure that candidates are able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at height, specific to a wind turbine generator (WTG)
- Understanding of current national legislation regarding working at heights
- Correct identification of PPE e.g. harness, hard hat, lanyards, etc. including European/Global standard markings
- Knowledge and skills to correctly inspect, service, store and correct fitting of the relevant PPE, e.g. harness, fall arrest lanyards, guided type fall arrest lanyards and work positioning lanyards
- Correct use of the relevant PPE, including correct identification of anchor points and correct ladder conduct
- Correct use of evacuation devices
- Correct approach to rescue situations in WTGs and use rescue equipment efficiently